The Giver This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Giver takes place in a strange community some time inthe future. The main characters are Jonas, his sister Lillie, their parents andtheir infant brother, Gabriel.

Jonas is closing in on his Ceremony ofTwelve, when Elevens become Twelves, sort of like birthdays. Every Twelve isassigned a job for the rest of his or her life, or until reaching the House ofthe Old. During the ceremony, something unexpected happens and Jonas has to takeon a job that is unusual but very respected. Jonas soon learns why his communityis based on rules and why some things are banned, but there is an upside: hefinds the real meaning of family and love.

This is a great story full ofadventure, passion, character and spirit, but it all boils down to a tale oflove. I recommend The Giver to readers who like to be left wondering andthinking, because if you read this book, that's exactly what you'll be doing bythe end.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 3:39 pm
i love this !