This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

January 22, 2010
By Alexandrea BRONZE, Battle Creek, Michigan
Alexandrea BRONZE, Battle Creek, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

This Lullaby is one of the few (okay, many, but it is honestly way high up on that list) books on my ‘favorite books’ list. Not only was it amazing, it was humorous, and it had my attention from the very beginning. Ever since Dexter waltzed into the pages . . .
Remy Starr does not believe in love; only like. She does not believe that anyone can truly love someone else, especially not herself. That is why she made up her romantic rules, and that is why, every time she gets in a temporary relationship, she gives the guy ‘the speech’ to make sure they grasp that this is a temporary relationship, and that nothing can get serious. And with her mother on husband number five and her brother inching closer to the tug of marriage, with all that Remy’s seen in her life, she will make sure that nothing ever gets serious.
She also has a ‘no musicians’ rule, partly because her father was a musician, and he wrote a song for her called This Lullaby, and, well . . . she hates him. But something about Dexter gets Remy to crack, and she doesn’t know what.
Remy doesn’t know what she’s getting in to. Why hasn’t she given Dexter ‘the speech’ yet? Why is she dating a musician? And why can’t she gather up the guts to dump him?
In this wonderful, mind-consuming story, Remy learns who she really is, compared to who she thought she was, and what love really is, no matter what shape, size, or form it may arrive in. I would definitely recommend this to someone who needs a laugh, likes a good romance story, and wants a good book to read. This Lullaby is definitely a great choice.