Letters To A Young Brother' by Hill Harper | Teen Ink

Letters To A Young Brother' by Hill Harper

January 19, 2010
By Cody2 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Cody2 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The book 'Letters To A Young Brother' is a great book. It has so many things that I have learned and I can use some of those things in everyday life. I think that this book is meant for kids who don't have a fatherly figure, but I have a father and I still learned from it. It teaches you some important outlooks on life and how you should think positive and believe in yourself. It teaches you how to live like a man and to do that, you have to have RESPECT for people and even if they disrespect you, you need to be the bigger person. It is very educational on teaching you how to live a good, outgoing life and having a perspective of how to live life.

The author, Hill Harper, writing letter to this boy in America, because he is in the military. He is telling the boy all about how to live life, as a man, because he doesn't have a father figure. So the author tells him how to be a man and what is right and what is wrong and it is helping the boy learn the things he is telling him. To him, this was a positive role model and he now looked up to him. There is more than one moral to this story, because I learned many different lessons. I would recommend this to most people, and especially people that don't have a role model in their lives. This could help them be a better person.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.