The Odyssey by Homer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Odyssey (translated by Robert Fitzgerald) is myfavorite adventure story. Set in ancient Greece, it tells the story of Odysseus,a clever and often arrogant old soldier who fought in and won the Trojan War. Heundergoes an epic 20-year journey to return home to his wife and son,encountering a plethora of challenges, including a monstrous cyclops who devoursmen.

What makes The Odyssey appealing is that the events are so variedand exciting. There's definitely something for everyone: action, romance,tragedy, comedy, mythology and, of course, sex. If that does not interest you,I'm sure the graceful, well-balanced poetry of the ancient epic will. I recommendThe Odyssey to anyone who enjoys reading and wants to experience one of thegreatest tales of all time.

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:36 am

I Loved this book and Im only going into the 7th grade! I read it in 5th grade, because Im a greek mythology finatic , freak, i should say. And I got hooked!