The Three Musketeers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A few months ago I was in the mood to read a good classic, and stumbled acrossAlexander Dumas' famous narrative The Three Musketeers in a bookstore.

This story has everything you would ever want: romance, camaraderie,heroism, and, above all, adventure.

D'Artagnan is a young boy who dreamsof becoming a famous musketeer (the soldiers who protect the king of France inthe 17th century). Along the way to achieving this dream, he finds, in Paris, themusketeers disbanded by the evil Cardinal who hopes to undermine the King's reignand rule France on his own. With the help of three famous Musketeers, Athos,Porthos, and Aramis, D'Artagnan fights to protect the King and his throne.

The Three Musketeers is written with such eloquence and style that it isobvious why it has gone down in history as a distinguished novel. The swordfights are described with such magic that you feel you are standing with Athosand Porthos to fight the Cardinal's guards.

As a hopeless romantic, I amalways looking for a great romance. So if there is one negative, it would be thelove story. I don't want to give away the ending. But as an avid reader of JaneAusten, if the lovers don't end up happy and together, I finish the book feelingunfulfilled. Dumas does, however, compensate with the wonderful relationship ofthe band of musketeers. Even though in the end they follow their own paths, youknow they will always be able to rely on each other.

In all other regards,The Three Musketeers is excellent. It leaves you exhilarated and reminds you thattrue friends come together in troubled times.

FireThiefThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:33 am:
This book was really good! I found The Man in The Iron Mask later but unfortunately that turned out to be the last book of the series so I was completely lost.

bobvidipthief6789 replied...
Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:23 pm :
hey do u know the names of all the books of the series?  

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_rg12gto6u8s8f3mfbcp3vll7j0, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0