The Amber Spyglass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Onceagain, Philip Pullman delivers a spectacular book to an unsuspectingworld. The Amber Spyglass brings Pullman's trilogy (His Dark Materials)to an exhilarating end.

The Amber Spyglass picks up where TheSubtle Knife left off. Here, Lyra and Will journey to the world of thedead so that Lyra can find her friend Roger, and Will can find hisfather to ask him questions.

At the same time, Lyra's father,Lord Asriel, is getting together an army of creatures from manydifferent dimensions to fight the Authority (God) and his followers.Everyone but Will and Lyra know that they both have to make a decisionthat will affect how the war turns out.

The characters gothrough many settings and alien environments. The progress of the storymakes each episode interesting, and graphic enough to visualize. Thestoryline is great and gives the reader surprises along the way.

The book has some difficult parts, namely the many flashbacks inthe middle of an interesting chapter, which becomes a little annoying.But in its entirety, it is a memorable book and enjoyable to read.