Fellowship of the Ring This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Ina time of magic and mystery, a hobbit's story is told. It's a story of amagical ring which possesses powers unheard of that change everything.

The Fellowship of the Ring, the first of The Lord of the Ringstrilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien, is a great epic on its own. As the storybegins, a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins of Bag End is in possession of amagical ring. After his untimely disappearance, a hobbit named FrodoBaggins receives a letter, written by Bilbo, that gives Frodo ownershipof Bag End of the Shire, and something else - concealed in the letter isthe ring.

Gandalf, a wizard, brings the letter to Bag End togive to Frodo. There they discover that the ring cannot be destroyed bycommon means. After many years, Frodo, unsure about what to do, decidesto get rid of the ring. The only way to destroy it is to go to itsorigin, atop Mt. Doom, a place surrounded by evil.

Embarking onhis journey, Frodo meets people who aid him. They are followed, however,by Ringwraiths, who have been searching for Frodo in order to steal theRing of Power so that their master, Sauron, can destroy everything thatis good in the Middle-Earth.

This is a story of mystery thatcompels the reader to continue. The book has many aspects that I like,but the fact that it has so many characters confused me. The storylineis great, but everything Tolkien describes is so embellished. Tolkien'swriting is full of descriptive words; the text seems to reach out andgrab the reader. The Fellowship of the Ring is full of fantasy andadventure, which makes it a must-read.

ramfthomas4 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with you about the book.  It is wonderful.  If you use Windows you should try spellcheck before you post. :)

kakianak said...
This has a ton of spelling errors, or "typos." I've seen better than this, but it is good.