Tears Of A Tiger by Sharon M. Draper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In this novel, it all starts on the night of November 8th, when a terrible accident happens. Four teen boys – B.J., Tyrone, Andy, and Robbie – are drinking and driving when they crash their car into a wall, and Robbie is killed.

After this unfortunate accident, the novel focuses on the different events that take place in Andy's school and home. Andy blames himself for ­Robbie's death, claiming that since he was the driver, he should have been the one to die. He breaks up with his ­girlfriend and his grades worsen along with other problems. Eventually, he makes a life-changing decision.

The author's style is very different: Draper doesn't try to rush into events. Instead, she writes as if she is one of the boys and she is experiencing the problems. I liked that the novel opened my eyes about friendships and why you should stay close to people. You never know if something like this could happen in your life.

I kept reading Tears of a Tiger because I was always interested in what would happen. I would recommend this book to everyone, especially those who think it's okay to drink and drive, in order to help them understand the reality of what could happen to them or someone they care about.

RS101 said...
Yes, agree this book is really depressing and catches peoples attentions to keep reading. 

your momma 123 said...
Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:13 am
i have never read this book but what i have hard about it sounds good and i cant wait to read this book because i love the person who wrights the book and her books are amazing right now im reding forged by fire and its goog

lexygurl97 said...
when i furst read this i cryed it was so sad but i loved it and it was very interesting..

lnvo97 said...
when i first read this book i started to cry over what had happened!!! but when i reread it, i realized that these things are happening everyday...