The City of Glass by Cassandra Clare | Teen Ink

The City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

January 14, 2010
By Michel37 BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Michel37 BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Can you imagine a world full of warriors called the Nephilim who are proud people who bear the the marks of the angel who is part of their religion. The Nephilim are the protectors of the world from the demons that only they can see. The city of glass is the third book in the series by Cassandra Clare. In her book Clare, writes about a teenage girl named Clarissa who likes to be called Cassie. Cassie finds out about a parallel world of demons and adventure. She finds all the ugly lies of her past and of the father she never knew. She finds out that her world has always been the parallel world of danger and peril, where vampires and were-wolves roam and fairies play their tricks. In this book of fantasy you read about all of her adventures and troubles along the way. Cassie found out her mother was in a deep coma witch not even the doctors could pull her from. Cassie tries to go to The City of Glass and her older brother being over protective of her, left through the portal before she could get to there. He accidentally took Simon Cassie's best friend because otherwise he would die. Earlier in the series Cassie finds out that her best friend Simon turned into a vampire, that can go out in the sun light.
I personally loved this book I thought it was fantastic and just amazing. It was an unbelievable book, I liked how it had characters with character, I loved their names and their personalities. I also liked how Clare made the world seem so dark, and then Clare took you to a city of beauty and marvel. I would recommend this book to readers ages thirteen and up for mature content. In my personal opinion I thought that this was an amazing book. I would give it a 10 out of 10.


The author's comments:
i hope that people will get the same feeling of a well written book that was written with good taste.