Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

“I could have screamed, but I didn't. I could have fought, but I didn't. I just lay there and let it happen, watching the winter-white sky go gray above.”

The book Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater, is an intense story about a true love with complications. Shiver takes place in a small town of Minnesota. It's about a young seventeen-year old woman named Grace. Grace is mesmerized with watching the wolves out of her window. She loves to watch the wolves, but she especially loves to watch a fascinating bluish-gray wolf with beautiful, yellow eyes, who watches back. When her wolf becomes a human named Sam, they instantly fall in love with each other. Sam tells her about his life as a wolf, how he changes into a human with the temperature and that this is his last year of being a human. Grace and Sam try to find a cure to prevent Sam from turning into a wolf before the winter comes and he can never be human again.

Shiver will keep you continuing to read until the end of this superb novel. The way Stiefvater shows both points-of-view from Grace and Sam, helps you get to know the characters and their moral dilemmas. This book will keep you in your pajamas readings all day. Also, the way Stiefvater writes the first line and last line with supense will suck you in and keep you turning pages until you turn the last. I would gives this book two thumbs up and would recommend this to kids twelve and up.

shiver&lingerforver said...
OHMIGOSH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MAGGIE'S WORK ESPECIALLY SHIVER AND LINGER AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOREVER I LOVE YOU MAGGIE STEIFVATER'S FOR YOUR BOOKS!!!!!! you shouldn't end the series with forever i never want it to endddd........................... .............................................................................................

shiver&lingerforver replied...
oopsie I made a mistake that should say "she should end the book with forever" not "you should"

gooky butt said...
wow. i love how the cover of the book has a red splatter for dotting the 'i'. It looks like blood underneath a bears skin:) keep writing about stuff cuz i like the covers of the books u choose
~twinkle twinkle~ ;)

bear skin, on my eye said...
I love this like i love my ear lobe

twilight_teen14 said...
Love your review! This is one of my favorite books of all time!

gibkh said...
Hey I love the review! good job! The first sentence really grabbed my attention. keep writing young one!! may the force be with you:)

creativewritingismything replied...
I loved the book and i love the review! Keep up the good work!