Secrets of my Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita | Teen Ink

Secrets of my Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita

By kendall.buzzelli BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
kendall.buzzelli BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

wow.

Kaitlin Burke never dreamed she could be a normal girl ever again. In Secrets of my Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita, she has the chance to. Ever since Kaitlin was four years old, she had been on the night time soap Family Affair where she plays a fraternal twin of her real life arch enemy, Sky Mackenzie. Now the show is on hiatus and Kaitlin has a little free time on her hands. She devises a plan (with her best friend Liz) on how she will spend the time off. She will go to private school. Using her favorite hair and makeup stylists, a fake disguise emerges. Putting away her designer apparel, she trades them for cheap, itchy Discount World clothing. Rachel (Kaitlin's fake name) starts her first school experience. The cute boy, Austin, might even like her! But the real challenge will be, can she keep it a secret? If society finds out, will that be the end of her career?

Secrets of my Hollywood Life was intriguing and kept me reading until the end. Calonita did a great job developing the characters. By the middle of the novel, I felt like I had known Kaitlin Burke for ages. I also loved the person-vs-person conflict between Sky Mackenzie and Kaitlin. The tension between the two kept me from putting down the book. It reminded me of what goes on with real movie stars these days. The information was interesting because I learned so much about the Hollywood life. I would recommend this book to teenage girls who love all the tabloid gossip. Along with that, five out of five stars. The whole series is extraordinary. It seems Kaitlin's adventures get better each new book. Grab this novel of your shelf because you will fall in love with it!

AveryG13 GOLD said...
AveryG13 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan

"The best thing to do with the best things in life, is to give them up to those who have nothing."
- Ambrose Bierce

I loved this book, too, Kendall! You wrote a GREAT review of it!