Charmed and Dangerous by Lisi Harrison

Five people destined to be together but living in separate worlds. One girl, with the trait of leadership but suffocating in the shadows of another person. That's what Lisi Harrison writes about in Charmed and Dangerous: The Rise of the Pretty Committee. This book is a sequel to the Clique series.  Only this book tells the story how the clique was formed, with separate stories. It all takes place at Merri-Lee Marvil's, New Year's Yves party. Massie is a strong leader trapped under the suffocating grips of her clique. When her Tiffany charm bracelet is torn apart by her old clique, it give her a chance to start a new clique. With the advice from Hermia (a fortune teller), Massie sets out to find the five pieces that will complete her life as an “alpha” (and her charm bracelet).  With only four out of the five charms at the party, Massie's potential, alpha reigning moment is jeopardized.  Will the fifth piece ever be found?

Charmed and Dangerous is one of the last books in the Clique series. This book is the story of how the quick-witted and poised clique first got together.  A lot of the behaviors from the previous books are explained in this one, and it pieces together the whole series.  I think this book was well written because Harrison answered all my questions from the whole series. It gave me a satisfaction and many “Ah-ha” moments. I would recommend this book to people who are thirteen years old to eighteen years old.