The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer

“On March 5, 1973 I received the long awaited answer to my prayers. I was rescued,” says Dave Pelzer the author and victim of the book called, The Lost Boy, a sequel of: A Child Called It. It is an autobiography about a young boy who was abused by his mother. He would go to school every day hungry, and with a new bruise or injury. With the help of his Thomas Edison Elementary school teachers and school nurse, he was rescued. They notified the police of his bruises and small thin body. They came to save and protect him. He went to court to see if he would be in custody of ‘The Mother’ or if she would be found guilty of abusing him. Meanwhile, he was moved from foster home to foster home in search of a loving family.

This is a heartfelt book full of love and searching. I like the way Pelzer can reach out to the reader and vividly tell them how he felt in the book. You can picture yourself in his shoes. This book keeps you hooked from page one until the end. You won’t want to put it down! After reading the book you will be looking at the library for another one of Dave Pelzers’ inspiring books.

Due to the maturity and language in this book, the appropriate age range would be in the teens and up. If you like page turning novels that get you thinking than the great inspiring book, The Lost Boy is for you.

Natalie17 said...
thanks:) and yess you deffinately should read it.

AveryG13 said...
This is an excellent review, Natalie! I'll have to read The Lost Boy sometime....