The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

By CassieMacKellar BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
CassieMacKellar BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Is it even possible to put it down? I certainly couldn't. The Notebook, by, Nicholas sparks, is absolutely breath-taking. This book tells the story of Noah Calhoun, and Allie Nelson, struggling with their relationship. As young adults, Noah and Allie were madly in love. No one could separate them except for Allie's parents. Allie and Noah came from two completely different worlds. Noah was poor, and had worked ever since he was a child, While Allie was rich, and had her whole future laid out for her. Allie's parents did not like Noah, they thought that he was worthless, and that Allie deserved better. Finally Allie's family moved away, traumatizing, Noah, and Allie's relationship. Ten years later, Noah heads off to World War Two, after his fathers death. Allie, was a volunteer nurse, at the war. That's where she meet her fiance, Lon. Now Allie, sees his picture in the newspaper, and decides to pay him a visit. While visiting him, they fall back in love with each other. So now Allie must make the most important decision of her life. Noah, or Lon?

I could read this book over and over again. I especially loved the part where Allie comes back to visit Noah. It was sweet how he kept her painting, and hung it in his house. I also loved the way Sparks explains everything well. It's almost as if I'm there with the characters. This love story is one of the most romantic story, about finding summer love and making it last. I would recommend this book to anyone of the ages thirteen to eighteen.

Cassie_xoxo said...
Thanks for the comment! I cryed at the ebd ofthe book too. :)

Ember013 BRONZE, Wichita Falls, Texas

"You can only live once, make the best of it because the song at your funeral might not be the one you want played!"[;

I agree. Sparks wrote this book and the details were extrordinary. My favorite part of this book was when Allie came back to visit Noah and he took her down the river and it started to rain. You knew from Allie's point of view that she still loved him. But I cried at the end when Noah was walking her down the sidewalk at the nursing home and she remembered him and he held her, then the "disease" got the best of her right when she was starting to remember. This book is such an amazing book and I would more than recommend it to anyone!