Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow | Teen Ink

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

January 14, 2010
By Mtm16 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Mtm16 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine a world where things are not as they seem. A world where the unnatural is real, and they can do basically whatever they want. Now, imagine a girl who has no one left, except for a boy she just met, who, because of her, is turning into a werewolf - or something like it. Her dad was murdered (then reanimated and turned into a zombie), now she and the not quite werewolf boy (Graves) have set off to find out who killed her dad. Although, they should probably think about what they're getting themselves into. Dru Anderson, is the main character in an amazing, “can't put this book down” fantasy book, Strange Angels, by Lili St. Crow. In this book, Dru and her dad fight “the things that go bump it the night.” Including zombies, vampires, werewolves, poltergeists, and other monsters you find in the real world.

I thought this book was one of the best books I've ever read. St. Crow's details were so fantastic, I felt like I was right next to the character living the scene with them. Everything about the book made me want to keep reading – the amazing details, the realistic characters (even if they were vampires and whatnot), the creative plot, the unexpected yet exciting twists... everything about the book made me want to keep reading, and never stop! The whole story captivates me, it's so wonderfully put together. I love Strange Angels, it is by far one of the best books I've ever read. I recommend this book to people age 11 and up, although there is some language involved (not very often).