Dreamland by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

By Morgan16 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Morgan16 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Have you ever loved someone so much it hurt? Caitlin O'Karen can tell you all about that. Ever since she met Rogerson, there was something magnetic, something different about him. Something her sister, Cass, had never done. After Cass ran away, Caitlin did everything she could to fill the empty spaces left behind. When that wasn't enough, she did all she could to be different. She even joined her high school cheerleading squad. Then, she met Rogerson. To Caitlin, Rogerson knew everything, there wasn't a single thing he didn't know. Rogerson was everything Caitlin had been looking for. Mysterious, brilliant, and dangerous. But Caitlin never imagined the Rogerson would harm her...

Dreamland, by Sarah Dessen, was captivating, and exciting. Her writing style makes you feel as if you're the one experiencing it. I never wanted to put the book down! Reading this book opened my eyes to abuse in relationships. Due to the abuse, and other mature content such as drugs and alcohol, I would recommend this book to young adults ages fourteen and up.

I've read many other books written by Sarah Dessen, this is definitely one of my favorites. It is a compelling read, I highly recommend you read it.

I love so many of Sarah Dessen's books, so writing this review was fun! Her books are amazing!

crazy123 GOLD said...
on Mar. 7 2010 at 1:34 pm
crazy123 GOLD, Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

when life gives you lemons.. make applejuice to avoid the situation!

i love this book

on Jan. 19 2010 at 8:08 am
valerie16 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
This is a terrific review and i can't wait to read the book :) YOU ROCK MORGAN!!!!! :)