A Brother's Journey by Richard B. Pelzer | Teen Ink

A Brother's Journey by Richard B. Pelzer

January 6, 2010
By BrinaAllStaRr BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
BrinaAllStaRr BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Grade Level: High School. I believe that this book is known to be the most heartfelt book an individual can ever read. The reason is because this book can relate to any human being that is a victim of child abuse or a victim of any type of abuse. The aspect that got me interested in this book was that I read both novels by Richard B. Pelzer's brother; David Pelzer titled A Child Called “It” and The Lost Boy. At first when I began to read this book, I did not completely comprehend because the author kept shifting back and forth through the different emotions that he felt. But continuing to read this book, I got the hang of it and began to understand it. I loved this book because the author clarified what he did wrong as a child when his brother was being abused, and also in his novel he publicly apologized to his brother. I recommend this book because it shows courage and bravery. Also, the reason why I recommend this book is because it can be a guide for individuals to have the courage of getting out if they are being abused. People say that if an individual wants something to change in life, he or she has to have the right people behind to cheer him or her on. I believe that if an individual wants something to change or happen, it has to be that individual to have the courage and bravery to change it his or herself. What do you believe?