The Shadow Children Books by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Wow. The Shadow Children books were introduced to me by a teacher. I wasn’t so sure that I would like them, and then I got halfway into Among the Hidden. I couldn’t put it down!!

It’s about a futuristic community that recently suffered of famines. They made up a law that says parents are only aloud two children, and any third child, or shadow child, found by the Population Police will be killed, along with anyone associated with them. So, obviously, that’s something you keep secret.

The seven books follow different characters, who all connect somewhere along the way. Luke, Nina, Percy, Matthias, Trey and Jen (am I missing any? I haven’t read the books in a while. If so, please tell me.) are all third children. Most of them have absolutely no idea who the next one is, but they all have something in common: they live every day on the border of life and death.

The books, Among the Hidden, Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons, Among the Enemy, and Among the Free are GREAT!!!! They are page- turners full of cliffhangers, and the Science Fiction genre will really bring readers in. I don’t know anyone who’s read them and didn’t like them!!!!

readlikecrazy10 said...
okay dudes,i know one of you pressed the "report abuse" button to KaThywuf's response saying her name, and I just wanted to say that was unnecisary. Please don't do it again, I like to have all my comments stay where they were posted.

readlikecrazy10 said...
it stinkz that your time is 6 hours ahead of mine! its like the middle of the night 4 u every time i try 2 talk 2 u. Still try to K.I.T., kay?

readlikecrazy10 replied...
in case you didn't see my profile my name is Amanda.

readlikecrazy10 said...
I meant hopeless.

readlikecrazy10 said...
how do u pronounce your last name, or is it obvious?

KaThywuf said...
Jan. 22, 2010 at 4:44 am
do you have profile on facebook?

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Sorry, I don't! I don't think my parents would let me, either. I guess we'll just have to talk on here for now!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Good news. I just found out that my mom has a facebook profile that I didn't know about, so I can ask for a friend request on there! Yay!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
kay, so look for Lisa Earls.She's my mom, and we posted a friend request. Just say yes, and report back here I we don't respond on facebook. Thanks a lot! :):):):)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Hey, I didn't know you draw! I saw your werewolf picture and commented on it. That's REALLY good! I can't draw. Only girls, horses, and rabbits. Did u know I have 8? We just got done feeding them like 2 seconds ago.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
I'd love to be able to draw like that. I'm doing a twilight project for school, and I have to draw all 3 characters. I've tried, but it's hpoeless.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
my "i meant hpoeless" went up to the top of the screen. sorry! I have serious issues with putting my replies in the right place.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
wow. I fix my typo, and i spell the typo wrong again! HOPELESS, not hpoeless.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
let me reword that. I TRY to fix my typo.

laurelai44 said...
Wow this review makes the books sound really good... I'll have to read them!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
thanks, sis!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
and to think you used to get mad at me when i tried to tell you to read them.

KaThywuf said...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 2:02 am
Wow.... This sounds really cool... I will get that book, I mean, I have to read SOMETHING new (I'm reading Twilight sagas for fifth time), so... :) I think I could like it... :)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Yeah, I sure did! :):):):)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
whoops! replied in the wrong spot. look down there.