The Shadow Children Books by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Wow. The Shadow Children books were introduced to me by a teacher. I wasn’t so sure that I would like them, and then I got halfway into Among the Hidden. I couldn’t put it down!!

It’s about a futuristic community that recently suffered of famines. They made up a law that says parents are only aloud two children, and any third child, or shadow child, found by the Population Police will be killed, along with anyone associated with them. So, obviously, that’s something you keep secret.

The seven books follow different characters, who all connect somewhere along the way. Luke, Nina, Percy, Matthias, Trey and Jen (am I missing any? I haven’t read the books in a while. If so, please tell me.) are all third children. Most of them have absolutely no idea who the next one is, but they all have something in common: they live every day on the border of life and death.

The books, Among the Hidden, Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons, Among the Enemy, and Among the Free are GREAT!!!! They are page- turners full of cliffhangers, and the Science Fiction genre will really bring readers in. I don’t know anyone who’s read them and didn’t like them!!!!

readlikecrazy10 said...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 11:13 am
tay tay read my article! :)

smiley10507 replied...
hese books are amazing! Margret Peterson Haddix is one of my top five favorite authors of all time!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
mine, too! right up there with stephanie meyer and james patterson! reading Claim To Fame by her now... REALLY good and interesting.... as always... :) have you read it?

readlikecrazy10 replied...
good, you like stephenie meyer too... :) i misspelled her name. whoops. and i also love spongebob... still... you're never too old for and animated sponge with a rude pet snail, right? :) :) :) :)

readlikecrazy10 said...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 11:12 am

tay tay post a comment

readlikecrazy10 replied...
don't find that strange:)... i was trying to get my friend to read this ove the phone, and it didn't work. :)

readlikecrazy10 replied...

meant over

readlikecrazy10 said...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 10:35 am

every time i check my account, it's great to see my numbers so big, and it really means a lot to me. so.......

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

horsie_luver said...
I liked that review. I LOVED the books so if you liked those you sould definately read Found and Sent, which are also by the same author.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
thanks! i did read found, but every copy of sent "in reach" is currently occupied by someone.... i'm on the waiting list, though! :)

horsie_luver replied...
It is so worth your time to read it.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
:) that's good... i just hope somewhere in the book they give JB a real name! if he stays in the series, you can't just call him janitor boy forever... :)

horsie_luver replied...
maybe he does maybe he doesn't... i won't say!! :D

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 10:31 am
:) just learned form margaret peterson haddix's facebook, and guess what? we have a title for book 3 of the missing! it's called sabotage! and she's going to be in the area making an appearence not too long from now... it's going to be great!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 10:32 am
do they ever say how old JB is? cause katherine thought he was cute.... :)

horsie_luver replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 11:09 am
I can't wait for the next book!!  I don't know if they ever say his name... I can't remember.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
:) :) :) :) :)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
(it wouldn't let me do only one smiley)

horsie_luver replied...
Yeah, I know. That can be pretty annoying... :-p

readlikecrazy10 replied...
May 9, 2010 at 9:05 am

:) 12345678 there i have 10 characters. :)

horsie_luver replied...
exactly! Hey, check out my work!