The Shadow Children Books by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Wow. The Shadow Children books were introduced to me by a teacher. I wasn’t so sure that I would like them, and then I got halfway into Among the Hidden. I couldn’t put it down!!

It’s about a futuristic community that recently suffered of famines. They made up a law that says parents are only aloud two children, and any third child, or shadow child, found by the Population Police will be killed, along with anyone associated with them. So, obviously, that’s something you keep secret.

The seven books follow different characters, who all connect somewhere along the way. Luke, Nina, Percy, Matthias, Trey and Jen (am I missing any? I haven’t read the books in a while. If so, please tell me.) are all third children. Most of them have absolutely no idea who the next one is, but they all have something in common: they live every day on the border of life and death.

The books, Among the Hidden, Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons, Among the Enemy, and Among the Free are GREAT!!!! They are page- turners full of cliffhangers, and the Science Fiction genre will really bring readers in. I don’t know anyone who’s read them and didn’t like them!!!!

tinytechie said...
May 2, 2012 at 5:19 pm:
i liked the first few. the last few seemed to drag on.

MarieAntoinette2012 replied...
Sept. 19, 2012 at 10:11 am :
Hate to say it, but yeah. The ones after Nina just seemed loooong.

jdp2598 said...
Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:57 am:

I really liked this book. I read them all

HI MS. ORABONE

Bookworm1997 said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:29 pm:
These books are great! I didn't think they would be at first, but I was impressed.

Jean16Bean said...
I loved these books! They are amazing! Chack out Haddix's other books, too, they are really great.

Grace4297 said...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 8:49 am:
I loved the series! I was glued to Haddix books through all of sixth grade! Great review.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:40 pm :
thank you!

Kobalt said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 2:06 pm:
i Absoulutely love this book series!!! Great talent and would love to have the same  talent!

Mickeyb134evr said...
May 10, 2011 at 8:14 am:
havent read this book but sounds good!!!!!! Heard its good and i think im guna read it soon!!! :D

KatsKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 5:14 pm :
Yeah, it is. Although I didn't fall in love with the series, they are good, and pretty interesting.

veggiearthlover said...
May 6, 2011 at 6:49 pm:
I love this series soooooo much!!! I read all of them supper fast wish there were more! A teacher intoduced me to them too!

cody185 said...
May 2, 2011 at 8:22 am:
sounds like a good book

AzureNova said...
I've read the whole series and it was the first series that really got me into reading. The books are very interesting, you never get bored. The characters are very relatable, and the setting is in the near future which makes it easy to picture yourself in the characters' shoes. I'd really recommend it, it's not a difficult read, and fairly fast-paced.

Aderes18 said...
I read Among the HIdden and enjoyed it. I'm thinking of getting the next one soon. :)

readlikecrazy10 said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 8:48 am:
Whoops. Sorry,  I pressed "New comment" instead of "reply". I'm pretty sure all of my replies are up, though. Sorry.

readlikecrazy10 said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 8:47 am:
I agree. But, I guess the way she wrote them made them more exciting, and they moved along faster. :)

readlikecrazy10 said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 8:45 am:
I fit's by her, than you can be sure it's good. :)

readlikecrazy10 said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 8:44 am:
love your screenname! Manga is so awesome! Yeah, Margaret Peterson Haddix is really cool. thanks for commenting :)

readlikecrazy10 said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 8:43 am:
How did I forget a book? :P Oh, and thanks for the rating! :)

readlikecrazy10 said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 8:42 am:
I'm realy sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen that way. I'm trying to just leave it alone so other people can get more comments than me, Again, sorry.