The Host by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

By amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

Stephenie Meyer Has done it again!!!!

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. The Host is the most unique book that I’ve ever read!!!!

It starts when Wanderer, one of the invading species from far off in space, has the luck to have the human Melanie Stryder as her host body.

Melanie will not leave her body and die like most hosts. She stays, and speaks to Wanderer unkindly.

But then Melanie gives Wanderer dreams about Jared, her still- human boyfriend, and Jamie, her still- human younger brother. The two set off to the dessert to find the remaining humans. Mel wants to see her family, but Wanda (Wanderer)‘s Seeker (“soul” sent to search for members of a host species without souls inserted in them) has sent Wanda to expose the humans. But near- starvation in the dessert got Wanda and Mel closer.

More people were in the caves than expected. Before they were aware that Mel was still there, there were many attempts to kill Wanda. But, when they were aware, everyone began to like Wanda. Especially Ian, Jared’s brother. Jared and his other brother, Kyle, still were upset.

When disease struck the caves, the humans realized that Wanda could be helpful on medicine raids. Ian, Kyle, and Jared came, too.

But all the problems weren’t solved. Seekers were still looking for the humans. And, the biggest problem was that Wanda fell in love with Ian, while her body still loved Jared.

It’s so worth reading. Twilight fans and anti- Twilights alike will love it- but, to all guys out there, it is a girl book. And, anyone who thought Twilight had no substance and an unoriginal theme, The Host is the complete opposite. It was all- around wonderful.

ColdplayForever BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay, then you're obviously very intelligent, good-looking, and all-around brilliant."
~Chris Martin

I can't wait to read it! I mean, Stephanie Meyer is actually a good author, contrary to popular belief.

on Mar. 6 2014 at 12:44 am
JesusandHisLawyers SILVER, Austin, Texas

"who the fuck has a favorite personal quote what does that even mean" - me, just now.

This book is not nearly as bad as Twilight, not by a longshot, but it's also not anywhere close to well-written. I didn't expect anything from this book, except maybe a laugh at the terrible writing, and in the department I wasn't let down. What I didn't expect was to be so angry after reading it. Here's my issue: Meyer as a premise that is so unique and interesting, I have a really hard time believing this is actually her idea to begin with. This is the woman who wrote Twilight people. This idea could've been done SO WELL. This book could'vebeen amazing, and philisophical, and adult. Key word here is "could've". It wasn't any of those things. Somebody needs to rewrite this book, and this time, don't let Meyer get her grubby little paws on it.

amachii GOLD said...
on Apr. 17 2010 at 10:43 am
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

plz rate and comment on this article, and my maximum ride review. thanks!

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Whoopsies! I meant Linkin Park.

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Yeah, Green day is awesome and inspiring. We do have a few Lnkin Park songs, too.

KaThywuf BRONZE, Sombor, Other

When it seems there's no way out, when it seems to you that you're falling apart, that you're loosing yourself, just believe, hope, have a faith.... And you'll stand up and keep on with your life like nothing happened, you'll be happy and free....

I like Green Day, but I don't know about those bands... Do you like Linking Park? They have the best sound EVER!!!! :D

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

i've been trying to talk to you on my other book review, but the stupid computer won't work over there. So, here's what I have to say in response of what you said on the other page:
I'm reading Eclipse for the second time... I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Yeah I love haddix books. Go to her website at www.haddixbooks .com , kay?

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Do you like the bands Breaking Benjamin, Green Day or AFI? Some of the people are kinda creepy, but I LOVE the sound!

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

just like all my friends... I AM SO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

on Jan. 20 2010 at 1:55 am
KaThywuf BRONZE, Sombor, Other

Oh, I will :) Team Jacob.. ;)

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

team Edward of team Jacob?

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

You like Stephenie Meyer, Muse, and paramore. We DEFINETLY have the same interests!

By the way, thanks for being the first person to comment on my review! Check out my other one on The Shadow Children books, kay?

KaThywuf BRONZE, Sombor, Other

I can't wait to read it, it must be great- I mean, it's Stephenie Meyer! :) I see we have the same interests... :) I would like to get to know you little better....

amachii GOLD said...
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Hi, guys! I just wanted to thank you for reading my article!!!! :) :) :) :)