The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Stephenie Meyer Has done it again!!!!

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. The Host is the most unique book that I’ve ever read!!!!

It starts when Wanderer, one of the invading species from far off in space, has the luck to have the human Melanie Stryder as her host body.

Melanie will not leave her body and die like most hosts. She stays, and speaks to Wanderer unkindly.

But then Melanie gives Wanderer dreams about Jared, her still- human boyfriend, and Jamie, her still- human younger brother. The two set off to the dessert to find the remaining humans. Mel wants to see her family, but Wanda (Wanderer)‘s Seeker (“soul” sent to search for members of a host species without souls inserted in them) has sent Wanda to expose the humans. But near- starvation in the dessert got Wanda and Mel closer.

More people were in the caves than expected. Before they were aware that Mel was still there, there were many attempts to kill Wanda. But, when they were aware, everyone began to like Wanda. Especially Ian, Jared’s brother. Jared and his other brother, Kyle, still were upset.

When disease struck the caves, the humans realized that Wanda could be helpful on medicine raids. Ian, Kyle, and Jared came, too.

But all the problems weren’t solved. Seekers were still looking for the humans. And, the biggest problem was that Wanda fell in love with Ian, while her body still loved Jared.

It’s so worth reading. Twilight fans and anti- Twilights alike will love it- but, to all guys out there, it is a girl book. And, anyone who thought Twilight had no substance and an unoriginal theme, The Host is the complete opposite. It was all- around wonderful.

JesusandHisLawyersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 6 at 12:44 am
This book is not nearly as bad as Twilight, not by a longshot, but it's also not anywhere close to well-written. I didn't expect anything from this book, except maybe a laugh at the terrible writing, and in the department I wasn't let down. What I didn't expect was to be so angry after reading it. Here's my issue: Meyer as a premise that is so unique and interesting, I have a really hard time believing this is actually her idea to begin with. This is th... (more »)

readlikecrazy10 said...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 10:43 am
plz rate and comment on this article, and my maximum ride review. thanks!

KaThywuf said...
I like Green Day, but I don't know about those bands... Do you like Linking Park? They have the best sound EVER!!!! :D

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Yeah, Green day is awesome and inspiring. We do have a few Lnkin Park songs, too.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Whoopsies! I meant Linkin Park.

KaThywuf said...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 1:55 am
Oh, I will :) Team Jacob.. ;)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
just like all my friends... I AM SO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Do you like the bands Breaking Benjamin, Green Day or AFI? Some of the people are kinda creepy, but I LOVE the sound!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
i've been trying to talk to you on my other book review, but the stupid computer won't work over there. So, here's what I have to say in response of what you said on the other page: I'm reading Eclipse for the second time... I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Yeah I love haddix books. Go to her website at www.haddixbooks .com , kay?

KaThywuf said...
I can't wait to read it, it must be great- I mean, it's Stephenie Meyer! :) I see we have the same interests... :) I would like to get to know you little better....

readlikecrazy10 replied...
You like Stephenie Meyer, Muse, and paramore. We DEFINETLY have the same interests!
By the way, thanks for being the first person to comment on my review! Check out my other one on The Shadow Children books, kay?

readlikecrazy10 replied...
team Edward of team Jacob?

readlikecrazy10 said...
Hi, guys! I just wanted to thank you for reading my article!!!! :) :) :) :)