In the Forests of the Night This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is possibly the most extraordinarily gifted teen writer of ourtime. Her first book, In the Forests of the Night, is an exciting tale ofvampires and other creatures of the night. Amelia wrote this at the age of 13.

In the Forests of the Night is about a 300-year-old vampire named Risika.Risika was Rachel Weatere when she lived with her family in Massachusetts in theearly 1700s.

One day Rachel is greeted by Aubrey, who gives her a blackrose she can't seem to put down. She is bitten the next night by Aubrey's mother,a vampire. The story goes back and forth every chapter from the eighteenthcentury to the present day. This is an interesting way to tell the story and keptme turning the pages.

This book is arguably the best I have ever read, andI recommend it to those who enjoy fantasy. It goes into great detail regardingthe characters and everything that is happening around them.