The Lovely Bones by Alicia Sebolt | Teen Ink

The Lovely Bones by Alicia Sebolt

January 6, 2010
By Stephanie Estridge BRONZE, Trenton, Ohio
Stephanie Estridge BRONZE, Trenton, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Book Review

The book that I read was “The Lovely Bones” Alicia Sebolt is the author of this book. Her first book that she ever wrote was actually about the time when she got raped in the book “The Lovely Bones”. The genre of that book I think is mystery or realistic fiction. This was only her second book that she wrote. “The Lovely Bones” is actually being made into a movie now.

The main character in the book is a fourteen-year-old girl named Susie. She is a young girl who walked home from school one day and didn’t know that because of that her life would change dramatically. What she didn’t know is that she would be raped and killed that day by a man she knew and her family knew really well. Susie tells the story from heaven and tries to give her family hints on who did it. So during the book Susie’s family is trying to figure who killed her.

This book is by far one of the best books I read. I like this because it makes you stay on the edge and always has you guessing. I would highly recommend this book to other people. If you like reading stuff about murders and mysteries this is the book for you. I also would read another book by this author because I like what she writes about.