Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher | Teen Ink

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

By Baby_Ber BRONZE, Trenton, Ohio
Baby_Ber BRONZE, Trenton, Ohio

The book I read was Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and his genre was serious. If you like serious genre books, then this is a book for you. It’s a book for you because it deals with a girl named Hannah, as the main character. If your wondering how it’s serious, read it and you’ll find out. The main character is dead. Well she’s dead and alive at the same time.

The way this works through this book was that Hannah killed herself before the book really starts. She talks to people she knew from her school but she’s not talking to them face-to-face, she’s talking to them through tapes. She recorded the tapes right before she committed suicide. Now I’m not giving anything away by telling you that because it tells you right off the bat. Every chapter deals with a different side of each tape. Of course there are 7 tapes but the second side of the 7th tape is blank, so it makes thirteen.

I felt that this book was interesting. I’m normally not into books because I’m not a reader. This book kept me interested though. When I was reading it, I didn’t want to put it down and it felt like I was inside her shoes, so it made me feel like I was the main character. I loved this book because you learn an important lesson at the end and everyone needs to know the lesson. If Jay’s other books have a common layout, then yes I would read his other books.