The Lovely Bones by Alicia Sebolt | Teen Ink

The Lovely Bones by Alicia Sebolt

I read the book The Lovely Bones written by Alicia Sebolt. When I found out about the authors past, I think that maybe she wrote this book for a reason. My opinion is that she wanted the reader to realize that you can’t trust everyone and this shows how anything could happen at anytime. The genre of the book would be considered mystery/ realistic fiction.

This book is about a young four-teen year old girl named Susie who lives in a neighborhood where everyone thought nothing bad would ever happen. There can a day when the world stood still. This was the day that they could not find her, they searched high and low for her, but they still could not find her. Then they did some investigating on a man they think may have had something to do with it. The police found some of her belongings. But, I am going to stop so you can read to!

I absolutely loved this book. I realized that this is one of my favorite books that I have ever read. I feel like this book helps teach girls what can happen at anytime. It shows that you can’t trust everyone you talk to and not to follow someone you are not that close to. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery or a good spine chilling books. I would read another book by this author, she does a very good of telling about what’s out there in the real world!