Absolute Boyfriend (series) by Yuu Watase | Teen Ink

Absolute Boyfriend (series) by Yuu Watase

By RedEyes BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
RedEyes BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota

"Oh, bubble trumps."

Alright, before you get on me for this being a manga series and not a novel, stop and think. An entire series. 6 long books (though manga). Let it go.

“Absolute Boyfriend,” a story by Yuu Watase, has captured the eyes and hearts of millions of girls worldwide. What has this series got that does it? Read and find out.

Riiko Izawa, 16, is your barely-average high school girl. She’s got average brains, boy troubles, and a best friend. She lives alone in the apartment her parents left her in with a childhood friend, Soshi Asamoto, as her neighbor. After Riiko gets rejected by her crush, she is approached by a salesman, Gaku Namikiri, and is given the opportunity to get what she truly wants; a boyfriend. Thus, Kronos Heaven sends Night Tenjo, Model 01 of the Nightly Lover Series. ? Night is an android, specialized to be Riiko’s ideal lover. But, love doesn’t come with a cheap price tag. Night’s cost is 1 million dollars. Luckily, Gaku settles a deal with Kronos Heaven that Night collects data from girls and Riiko pays monthly maintenance fees. Trouble isn’t over for Riiko, however. Night is a total babe and a hot topic. Therefore, every girl is after him. Plus, Soshi finally comes out with his feelings for Riiko, which sends Riiko waffling between Night and Soshi. Will Night and Riiko live happily ever after? Or will Riiko choose a different path for her love life?

Okay, so the plotline is a little…chaotic. At least everything isn’t happening all at once! Now, granted this is a romance series, it also has quite a bit of drama and action and really makes Yuu Watase expand her horizons a bit (Fushigi Yugi—major sci-fi.)

I love this series to an extreme, (so much that I have most of the plot—if not all—memorized.) It’s got the action, the drama, the romance, the suspense, and the plot twists! It’s simply amazing!

All in all, great books. There’s never a dull moment and the writing style is easy-to-read and easy to relate to. “Absolute Boyfriend” is an absolute favorite! ?

I absolutely adore this series and I had to review it. 5/5 stars, by the way! :D

AzizaManga BRONZE, Can&#39t Say, Oklahoma

"It's true what they say, you can't go wrong with pudding."

I own two of the books and I love the series! I hated how it ended but it was still cool anyway.