The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

December 17, 2009
By Yessenia C. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Yessenia C. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever participated in a fight to the death? Katniss Everdeen has. In the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Katniss Everdeen, a teenage girl, is taking part in what is called The Hunger Games. It is a fight to the death between 24, 12 to 19 years olds which is viewed by every district on television. This book takes place in District 12, Panem, which is what we call today the United States.
This event starts on Reaping Day where, out every 12 districts, two kids’ names from each district, a boy and a girl are drawn to participate in the games. When Prim’s name gets is drawn Katniss steps forward to take her sister’s place. Will Katniss be able to survive? Will she ever be able to help her family die from starvation?
This book got me really hooked with the characters emotions and the struggles she went through. For example when Katniss is trying to survive, her ear is deafened trying to slow down a group in the games. To me the story was intense because it had action, romance, and troubles the character had with the government. Katniss faces dangerous alliances, violence and tricks along the experience. While reading this book I learned that family and friends are always important and that you should always fight for them.
For people who like a little action mixed with troublesome romance, especially in a girl’s point of view I think you should read The Hunger Games. Overall I give this book 10 out of 10 stars.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.