Enders Game by Orson Scott Card | Teen Ink

Enders Game by Orson Scott Card

December 17, 2009
By Andrew E BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Andrew E BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Enders Game
By: Orson Scott Card

Do you like books that make you want to read the whole thing in one day? Enders Game is a science fiction book by Orson Scott Card. The book starts with Ender Wiggin an incredibly smart 6 year old (who has trouble finding out what he is like) goes to battle school to train to become a commander in the space fleet to defeat the buggers.


I liked the book even though it had its bad parts. I liked that the book made me want to read the whole thing in one day. The book had an odd ending, but it made up for that in telling you what Ender was going to do with the bugger egg that Ender found. It also had a somewhat confusing story that has one thing like they are fighting in the battle room fighting and winning then it goes to a totally different thing like Enders brother and sister talking about taking over the world. Although I liked that it was confusing because it made me want to read more to find out what happens. Another confusing part that might make you read more is the parts with a game on Enders computer.

I would recommend this book to someone who likes science fiction mixed into reality in a book. I would rate this book a 7 out of 10 because of how it is good, but confusing.