Starclimber by Kennith Oppel | Teen Ink

Starclimber by Kennith Oppel

December 17, 2009
By Colin S BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Colin S BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Do you enjoy books about space and adventure? Even if you don’t you should you should read Starclimber. It’s the third book in the Airborn series! As members of the first crew of astralnauts, Matt Cruse and Kate De Vries journey into outer space on the Starclimber and face a series of disasters and danger every minute that threaten the survival of all on board. Matt Cruse, The main character, Matt Cruse has fallen for Kate but it seems that she has fallen for someone else! The tension between them only adds to the problems aboard the Starclimber.

In my opinion, Starclimber is a great book even though it has some bad qualities. The book has a slow start but picks up after a while and never stops. Kennith Oppel keeps the plot flowing and make you wonder what could happen next. The plot in Starclimber will lead you to think something going to happen and then something that you would never expect happens. Oppel gives very vivid descriptions that make you picture yourself flying through space right alongside Matt and his crew.
Out of the three books in the Airborn series this is by far the best book in the series! You should read this book if you like science fiction or adventure books that you don’t want to stop reading.