Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

By Jonah H BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Jonah H BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Are you that kind of reader that likes nonstop action and edge-of-your-seat drama? Well if you are, J.K. Rowling’s, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the book for you. Over the course of the series, I have been very captivated with Harry’s life in the wizarding world. In this awesome fantasy themed book, Harry has to get away from the wizarding society which is now overpowered by the Dark Lord Voldemort and his followers. This dark wizard has been trying to track Harry down since he came back to power in Harry’s 4th year at Hogwarts. Now, three years later, Harry has to choose to either keep running away from Voldemort, or try to miraculously defeat him.

When reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I finished it so fast that I was upset when it was over. This book was great, but not perfect. Towards the middle of the book, it got a little boring as Harry and Hermoine were traveling around the world looking for important objects called Horcruxes. Despite the rushed ending and the slow middle section, I otherwise couldn’t put the book down. The majority of the book was fascinating and had me engulfed in the story. Their were many themes in this book including survival, bravery and trust. Though Harry lives in a fantasy world, there were many times where I could identify with his challenges and relate situations to my own life. For example, Harry has to make a lot of hard decisions just like any of us. J.K. Rowling is no doubt my favorite author. Her creativity and writing style keeps me yearning for more.

This book will appeal to readers that like adventurous, action-packed stories. It is appropriate for readers of many different ages from grade school to adults of any age. I would give this book and the rest of the series an overall rating of 10. With all of the author’s extraordinary ideas, she creates a complex universe that the reader gets sucked into.

mariah said...
on Jan. 8 2010 at 4:46 pm
this book is the best harry potter book that I ever read though part's of it made me cry and other part's made me laugh, I love the ending though because harry lives.