Scorpia by Antony Horowitz | Teen Ink

Scorpia by Antony Horowitz

By Hans V BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Hans V BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Do you like to read action-packed books with mystery mixed inside? Then Scorpia is the book for you. Scorpia is the fifth book in the Alex Rider series.

This book is about a 14 year old boy, Alex Rider, who is a spy, and tries to find out about what Yassen Gregorovitch meant by “Go to Scorpia, find your destiny.” Alex goes to Venice with his friend as a vacation. Alex follows a boat with a scorpion on it. He gets caught and tries to escape. The story unfolds each time Alex tries to escape. Antony Horowitz uses words that put them out there for you to read. These words are so powerful that they make a movie, not a picture, a movie in your mind. All you have to do is sit down and watch(read) it.

I loved this book because the main character is 14 years old. His actions that he does, I can figure out why Alex does these things.Other people like adults wouldn’t know why Alex did these things. These actions that Alex does leads up to the plot which is him getting caught by Scorpia and getting trained to be an assasin. Sometimes in the book it gets boring. The characters somethings are so dumb because they can’t figure out what to do even if the answer is right infront of them. Other times the author writes about a pointless conversation which makes no sense.

Any mystery lover would love this. I rate this bok a 5 out of 5 because of the events are all connected to each other. This book would be good for 13-14 year old kids but not so much for adults.

on Feb. 5 2010 at 3:10 am
I love this book x i love reading x i read with my mum all the time xxx

Mikey101234 said...
on Jan. 14 2010 at 10:03 am
cool article ttyl