Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card | Teen Ink

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

By Thirty_2 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Thirty_2 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Ever wonder what it is like being an outlaw? Well, this science fiction book named Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card is all about one. It is about a boy named Ender, who is 6 years old when he is sent away to battle school. He is a third child, which in modern day United States, you can only have two children per household. Ender is an exception from the law because the government allowed him, for a special purpose, in hope they could find their next great battle commander. In Battle school, Ender quickly realizes that he is not on the same level as the other children, and is rapidly moved up into armies’ way ahead of his peers that are his age. He is challenged in Battle school, and is rushed in to get ready for the Third Invasion of the buggers (aliens).
I personally liked the book a lot. I could relate to the protagonist because I struggle a lot in my own games in basketball, like Ender did in Battleschool. I loved the part of the orbiting battle school, and command school. I don’t know how the author came up with either, but both were good ideas. One thing I did not like, is that it never followed up with anybody on the Earth, and the relationship Ender had with his brother, but I guess it would be in the sequel book. Sometimes I would get lost in reading the text when switching between Ender’s siblings on Earth, and Ender himself in battle school in space. Ender developed a lot as the protagonist in this book, from felling like the lousiest kid in battle school, to being top dog.
My overall rating for the entire book is a 9.5/10. It was well written, and I would suggest it to any body thinking of a book to read with some adventure, but also a science fiction setting, and ideals. The book is very well written, and I cannot wait to read the sequel.