Ender Game's by Orson Scott Card | Teen Ink

Ender Game's by Orson Scott Card

December 16, 2009
By Luke Hickey BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Luke Hickey BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

How exactly would you feel if everyone on this planet was depending on you to save the world? How would you feel if the future of the Earth was in your hands? I bet you would be pretty nervous, right? Well that’s exactly how a boy named Ender Wiggin feels in the novel, Ender Game’s by Orson Scott Card.
In this book, a very intelligent ten year old kid is a third child. The author describes in this story, that people can only have two children at maximum. The population was growing too fast, so the government made the rule that you could only have two kids. The government realized and was fasinated in Ender’s brilliance and allowed him to live. But danger is struck when the military realizes that the Earth will be invaded by aliens in a matter of time. The force decided to send Ender, far, far away to a battle school He is very intelligent. But danger is struck when the military base realizes that the Earth will be invaded by aliens. They decided to send Ender far, far away battle school in outerspace to become a battle commander once he has finished training. He spends many years training in battle ships and learning about strategy.
What I liked about this book was that there was suprises around any corner. You think one thing is going to happen, and then something completely different comes at you. Also I liked how he showed the different battles between the kids at the battle school because it helped me understand the reason why he was chosen. What I didn’t like about the book was that the author didn’t explain the characters enough. He didn’t really tell us enough information on who they are and what they like to do.
If you like books with suprises and suspence, then this is a book that you would really enjoy. I really liked it and thought that it’s a great book and well definitely bring your imagination to life!