The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

By Chris22 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Chris22 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

What has action, intrigue, war, and friendship? If you are looking for these qualities in a book then The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan id a book for you.

Percy Jackson is a fifteen year old boy who lives in Manhattan with his mother. He has ADHD and dyslexia and has gotten kicked out of almost every school he’s attended. One more thing, he’s half Olympian god, his father is Poseidon, and he is on the verge of making a decision that will either save or destroy western civilization! Percy and his friends Grover Underwood, Annabeth Chase, and Thalia Grace must fight a war against the Titans and their army of monsters while the Olympian gods are fighting their own battle with the king of monsters! While Percy is fighting a war, he must also deal with his mortal friend Rachel who tries to help him by almost killing herself. Grover is a satyr which is a human who is a goat from the waist down. Annabeth is a daughter of Athena who also goes on adventures with Percy and Grover. Thailia is a daughter of Zeus who became a maiden hunter of Artemis. They must defeat the titan lord Kronos and save Mt. Olympus.

The Last Olympian is a fantasy book mixing the modern world and the mythological world. It is the fifth book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. When I read this book for the first time I couldn’t put it down because it was so suspenseful and I always wanted to know what was coming next. It made me feel anticipation and it made me feel surprise because everything exciting that happened put me into shock. Rick Riordan did an excellent job writing this book and really described everything so well that no matter what I read I could picture exactly what was happening in the story! He also makes what actually happens in the story very realistic so it isn’t hard to imagine. In my opinion, The Last Olympian is just an awesome book!

I would say that The Last Olympian is a good book for any age above nine or so. I would also highly recommend it to anybody that can stand minor tragedies and war. I rate this book an A+!

Louise said...
on Jan. 12 2010 at 9:26 am
Great article Chris. I'm glad you made me read the book!

Bill said...
Sounds like a great book - something quite unique.Chris,you really make it come alive as a book to read.

Beth said...
Wow Chris! This sounds like a great book. I will keep it in mind for William in a couple of years.

Bean said...
on Jan. 6 2010 at 9:51 am
Great book summary, Chris. I think you should recommend this book to your cousin John to read, I think he'd like it!