The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By Gymnastchick BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Gymnastchick BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

...and everytime I look into your eyes, I fall in love again

Have you ever wondered what the future will be like? Not just a year or two from now, but maybe hundreds or thousands of years from now? Well now you can take a look at what Suzanne Collins thinks our future world will be like as she tells the tale of the infamous Hunger Games.

Suzanne Collins tells the story through the eyes of a young girl named Katniss Everdeen. In the book, Katniss has been chosen to participate in the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is a nation-wide game show. It consists of twelve boys and twelve girls, all between the ages of twelve and eighteen. They are all dropped into an arena were they must fight till their death--while the whole nation watches. Throughout the story Suzanne Collins tells the tale of Katniss’s life by portraying her hardships at home and the dangers of the games.

I thought that this book was amazing! There was incredible detail and description. At times you actually felt like you were in the book, fighting to stay alive. Collins does an amazing job with the plot. You never know what’s around the next turn. I would definitely recommend this book to all teenagers. It was spectacular.

If you are the kind of person who loves an action-packed romance with a hint of gore, than The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is the right book for you. And even if those kinds of books don’t appeal to you...read it anyway! I had an absolutely amazing experience reading this book and so will you! I would definitely rate this book a 10!