Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen | Teen Ink

Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen

By Bapes10 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Bapes10 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

TACOS!!!!!!!!

I LIKE CEREAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever had to make a change and wondered how other people deal with change? If so Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen is the book for you. This story is about a boy named Cole Matthews that has had a hard childhood. He has a lot of rage and anger built up inside. After brutally beating another student at his school he is banished for one year to a barren Alaskan island where he encounters a mysterious bear that makes him change his ways.

To me changing an old habbit isn’t easy and Mikaelsen shows this through the main character Cole. I really like how the author showed how Cole was making a change through his thoughts and actions. You can really see him changing over the course of the story. I like how the author used nature to help cole makes his change throughout the story. I think that Mikaelsen also showed Cole ture personality through the corse of the story. I think it was good that Mikaelsen used other characters to help Cole make his change.

I really enjoyed reading this story beceause it had a great central plot and it was well put together. This would be a great read for anyone. Overall I rate this book a 10 out of 10.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I think it helped me make a change also.