The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau | Teen Ink

The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau

By kaiyteg BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
kaiyteg BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana

The Prophet of Yonwood

In Jeanne DuPrau 3rd book in her City of Ember series, she out did herself. I expected the book to be okay, or even a little good, but instead what I got as I read her book was simply, astonishment.

Her story begins with a little girl Nicole, or Nickie as she likes to be called, and her Aunt Crystal. They are going to Yonwood to cell her great grandfather’s house. Nickie makes three goals on her trip, to fall in love, change the world, and to live in Yonwood in her grandfather’s house.

Nickie wants to live in Yonwood because her father works with the government in a top secret location. In the end, Jeanne tells us what her father does, but she keeps us guess with every postcard that comes for Nickie.

This book is a pretty good fantasy book, well at least for the time being its fantasy. In the book, there is a “prophet” who sees a vision from god. Everyone believes she will save them from the war. One of the things she says is “no sinnies” but everyone in the city thinks she is say no sinners. So they don’t sin.
I think this book was actually a pretty good book. A lot of people would like it if they gave it a chance, but hardly anyone would make it through the first 70 pages without putting it down.

I think you misspelled "cell." The one you're looking for is "sell".