The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis | Teen Ink

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis

December 15, 2009
By Erin Kanii BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
Erin Kanii BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe


The book “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”, was associated into the fantasy genre in various ways throughout the entire story until the very end. The book made me read further as I read the unexpected adventures that happened in the story, though, I had some places I detested in the story of the book.

The magical wardrobe that lead Lucy into a entirely different world called Narnia shows the fantasy genre in the beginning of the story. In the world of Narnia, there were fauns, witches, and talking animals that shows another fantasy example. When Lucy came back from the Narnia, she found out that the time has not move since she left the human world and this also shows another fantasy as well. Although, she told the whole story about the Narnia to her sister and brothers, no one believed her.

After the children found out about the wardrobe, their adventure had started. When they were over at the Narnia, they found out about the evil Witch, who had control over the Narnia. The children’s dilemma was to salvage all the creatures that got turned into a stones by the Witch that shows another fantasy example. The children needed a help therefore, they met the King of Narnia, Aslan, for their help. The perennial battle between the good and evil had begun, just like the other fantasy books.

In the story of the book, Lucy was a great character. I liked how she was the first one who went into the wardrobe that found all about the another world, Narnia. However, Edmund, Lucy’s brother, was my least favorite character from the story. In the middle of the story, he broke Lucy’s heart by jeering and lying when Lucy told the entire story about the magical wardrobe.

The book was so remarkable that it made me read more into it. The beginning of the story was just wonderful. I loved how the children went to another world that there were good and evil. The adventures were well described throughout the story. Although, the ending did not interests me than the beginning of the story.

In conclusion, “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”, was connected into the fantasy genre by having a magical wardrobe that lead the children into an another world called Narnia. I loved the uniqueness of this fantasy story, though, I had some places that I disliked.