Zombie Blondes by Brian James | Teen Ink

Zombie Blondes by Brian James

December 15, 2009
By s.h13 BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
s.h13 BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Hannah and her father are constantly on the go, moving from town to town, trying to run away from their financial problems. Zombie Blondes tells the story of Hannah and her father moving to Maplecrest, a small town in the middle of nowhere. Soon after moving there, things become strange, and a boy that Hannah just met is trying to convince her that the town is full of zombies. Brian James kept my attention throughout the whole book, adding suspense and vivid description to make you feel like you are there.

Hannah is your average teenage girl. She was never popular, but never the outcast. Hannah is the main character of the book, and keeps your interest from cover to cover. After moving to Maplecrest, she instantly becomes the center of gossip at Maplecrest High School.

Lukas is the lonely friendless boy who befriends Hannah. After only a few minutes of knowing her, he gives her a warning. He can tell that she wants to be popular. He warns her that she is kind of pretty, and that the popular girls might try to turn her into them (supposedly zombies). Lukas claims that everyone in the town is a zombie, and he is trying to save Hannah from becoming one.

After ignoring Lukas’s warning, Hannah’s popularity begins to rise. She becomes absorbed into all of the perks of being popular, while she ignores what is really going on. With a town supposedly full of zombies, anything could happen.

This book fits into the fantasy genre. The plot in itself is unrealistic. For example, zombies were in this book. That is a very unrealistic theme that is far from reality.

I like the book’s writing style. The way the author wrote the book kept my interest the whole time. While reading the book, it makes you feel like you are in the story. You can imagine the setting very easily.

In general, the book was very good. Most books have common plots, but this had one all its own. I recommend reading this book, and I hope you enjoy it!