Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

December 15, 2009
By +236268 BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
+236268 BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was made by the author, J.K. Rowling. This is the seventh book from the Harry Potter series.

Harry Potter and his friends make a desperate attempt to save their school, Hogwarts. Harry is trying to defeat the most powerful evil wizard to ever walk the Earth. That wizard’s name was Tom Riddle but he was more commonly known as Voldemort. Through luck and unknown ancient magical protection, Harry was able to defeat Voldemort several times. This last time, however, Harry had no help.
Harry could not defeat Voldemort and all of his followers by himself. Many of his friends included Hermione Granger, Ron, Jenny, Fred, George, and Percy Weasley. More people included the Weasleys’ parents, Molly and Arthur, and a secret society of witches’ and wizards working to help save the magical world.
What I liked about the book is that it has a mixture of adventure, mystery, and a little humor. J.K. Rowling was able to keep the lives of Harry and his friends a mystery and many unexpected things happened.
I think that this book could be classified as a fairy tail because of the use of magic and the plot is based on god versus evil. Also, the main hero finds love but it isn’t a princess trapped in a castle like the old stories.
I think that this is a good book for people who enjoyed the Harry Potter movies. Like most books, this book has more detail and has a better overall story then the movies could put in only one movie.