Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer | Teen Ink

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

December 15, 2009
By Samallama BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
Samallama BRONZE, New Albany, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Book Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer was great! It is almost like a modern fairytale. It has magical creatures in it. I would suggest this book to anyone who is into the fantasy genre.

The book starts out with giving you a hint of what it’s about. It jumps straight into talking about the fairies. The book is about a boy who is a genius and wants gold. He finds a fairy and bribes her for a book. He then captures another fairy and holds her for ransom. The lep recon which is like the fairy police don’t want to pay the ransom. The main character whose name is Artemis, then has his house put under siege. The fairies have all kinds of cool technology that they use. They have some things that pause time inside the perimeter they make. Another cool thing they have is called the blue bomb which is a bomb that only destroys living matter. My favorite part of the story was when they took one of the criminals from jail and used him to help them make a plan for getting the fairy out of Artemis’s house. He was a dwarf and in this story they aren’t your typical snow white’s dwarves. They eat the dirt then expel it from their rear. This builds up quite a bit of gas and they can use that in some interesting ways. One of these ways was demonstrated in the book. The only part of the story I didn’t like was the end it wasn’t that it was a sad ending or anything; it just was hard for me to understand.

I think that the story doesn’t take long to get into too. I like the book because it kept my interest; I didn’t want to put the book down. There is a whole series of books too so there is plenty of material to read.

I really enjoyed this book and I think you should read it. I look forward to reading the next books in the series and hope they are as good as this one.