The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

December 15, 2009
By smoffe BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
smoffe BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am a great writter


The Hunger Games
By Suzanne Collins, Scholastic press, 2008, pp. 374, $10.47
ISBN 978-0-439-02348-1


If you like romance with some action thrown into it, then you will love The Hunger Games. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins take place in a Futuristic North America, where rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition, called the Hunger Games. It’s against young people from all 12 districts against one another. Katniss, a sixteen year-old girl, has her skills put to the test when she volunteers to take her sisters place in the Hunger Games. While Katniss’ family wanted her back, she had to figure out how to get out of The Hunger Games.

The suspense of what is going to happen next, in The Hunger Games, drives you through to the next scene until you finish the book. This book has great detail about Katniss too. They tell Katniss as a strong, beautiful, and smart young lady. It makes you picture her in real life. Suzanne Collins makes you feel like you take part in the Hunger Games as you read the most descriptive piece of writing you’ve ever read. She explains every detail of every moment. The book is also a very easy read.

This book would be great for any willing readers around the age of 12 to 16. If I was a critic, I would rate this book an 10/10 for its’ fantastic writing and fantastic plot. I feel like this is a great book because of his great characterization and all the plots he puts in.