Silverhand This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was crawling the mall, trying tofind my friends, when my eye was caught by this book's startling cover. As Ilooked at it, I knew I had to have it.

Silverhand, written by the almostunknown, Morgan Llywelyn, has become my favorite book of all time. Since I gotit, I have used it as a basis for nearly all my creative writing.

Itstarts out in a small town in the distant future. Nuclear weapons have destroyedcivilization, and it's been so long that humanity itself has broken down intoseveral subspecies, such as the Madra Allta, a werebeast that is half man andhalf wolf, and the Eron, some kind of fish-man.

The story follows the lifeof one Caeled named Myriam, known later in life as the Silverhand. When hisvillage is destroyed by a Void (a hole in reality itself), he sets out to try tofind his ancestry. He eventually ends up fighting the Duet, the evil twins whoare the current rulers.

Caeled's search for a way to destroy the Duetleads him to discover the location of the Arcana, four mystical items that whenused in conjunction have the power to reshape the world.

This book is anice reprieve from intense wars and apocalyptic battles, and eventually itsettles into a steady rhythm. It is easy to read and I would recommend it toanyone who has a taste for stories with a deeper meaning.