A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court | Teen Ink

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

December 8, 2009
By JacktheJoker BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
JacktheJoker BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

The book, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, is a fantastic adventure that is set in the nineteenth century and twelfth centuries. Written by Mark Twain, this book is a classic and is interesting beyond imagine. The protagonist faces change as far as jumping back years and years in time and adapting to the environment, industrial advancements, and political features. I recommend this book as a good read for anybody looking for either a classic or a well-written fiction novel. I rate this book four stars out of five only because many people will read and the works of Twain are sometimes hard to interpret.

It is just a regular day in New England for Hank Morgan, until he is informed by a local that Sir Launcelot (usually spelled Lancelot) has just slain two giants. This confuses Morgan has he does not understand how he left Connecticut and sent back to the twelfth century. Throughout the tale Hank Morgan befriends many merry men such as King Arthur, Sandy (Clarence), Merlin, and many others. Nineteenth century innovation soon spreads across the lands and people are advertising, publishing, and working in factories. Morgan's life however, is not all easy coming. He faces problems such as people stopping at nothing to kill him and facing giants.

Overall the book was very good and I personally enjoyed it. If you are reading this you obviously showed some interest or concern for this book and I don't blame you. It is a fabulous book and is appealing to everyone with literary merits of plot development and a catalyst for change is involved. My advice... READ THIS BOOK!

The author's comments:
I love literature written that you have to interpret such as Mark Twain, William Shakespeare, Agatha Christie, and many others. This was a fun book and intrigued me to post a report.