Briar Rose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

With history, fantasy, action and suspense, this book could be recommended to almost anyone with a passion for reading. I find Jane Yolen has a unique style; Briar Rose contains three stories of past, present and future that intertwine.

This novel follows a young woman, Rebecca, on her troublesome journey to keep a promise. She must solve the mystery given to her by her Grandma Gemma, since she is the only one who takes her grandmother seriously. To everyone's surprise, her discoveries about her grandmother are not only breathtaking but filled with terror and peace. Find out how one of the most devastating time periods (the Holocaust) affected one very important person in Rebecca's life.

I found this book to be both heartbreaking and inspiring. Briar Rose is written with such vivid detail that is possible to get lost within the story. This classic novel will be read for generations.