Earth From Above This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The image of the world from within the clouds is one we usually leave to our imagination. How many times have we wished there were some way to escape this world? For all those who have felt this way, your chance for salvation has come in Earth From Above, the collected work of photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand.

Arthus-Bertrand is one of the fortunate few who lives his dream. He travels the world in a helicopter to get a different perspective of the world and its beauty. With the entire earth as his subject, it is no wonder he captured gem after gem for this sparkling book.

One of the most intriguing pictures was taken in Zaire, in which a group of Africans are smiling radiantly and reaching up toward the camera, as though they are embracing the picture.

Bertrand's intelligence, compassion and vision encompass the viewer, making them feel they are right there in that location above the earth. This book conveys a unification of land, culture, experience and spirit, leaving the reader with a lasting impression of faith in the world.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:28 pm
i love this !