Saving Juliet by suzanne selfors

When I picked up saving Juliet I thought it would be another boring novel that attempts to capture Shakespeare’s thoughts. But, this book is different it was powerful and kept me turning the pages. Suzanne Selfors has a way with words to keep you entertained and at the edge of your seat. In saving Juliet a teenage girl, Mimi, endures the ride of her life, When Mimi is magically thrust into the middle of Shakespeare’s Verona, she must find a way to help Juliet fight for her future happiness.
No more acting at the Wallingford theatre or faking stage fright. She has a duty now to save Juliet’s life even if it means risking her own. When I reached the end of this 300 page tragic romance novel, I was changed, for now Shakespeare has a new light in my heart.

Saving Juliet is written from Mimi’s point of view. Mimi is a very in-depth character with insecurities and feelings just like us. She doesn't want to live as an actress for the rest of the life, yet, she's afraid to go against her mother's wishes. Her teenage life is filled with sadness when she was only eight her father died, leaving her and her mother alone without money. But, Selfors writing sets the mood and makes you experience any feelings Mimi does. In this dramatic yet romantic novel, Mimi has to keep her priorities straight. During the course of this book, Mimi has to decide if risking her own life is worth saving Juliet’s. There are many times in this novel were Mimi almost gets exiled, each time adding to the excitement and gluing you to the pages. Selfors descriptions of places and characters are vibrant and vivid making reading her books so exciting.
Suzanne Selfors held a number of jobs before becoming a writer. She began writing full time after her daughter started school. Saving Juliet was Selfors first teen book, sadly this is her only teen book out so far. But because of the mature nature of this book it is best enjoyed by older teens and adults.

Essie said...
I just started this book! Good review!