Holly's Heart by Beverly Lewis

Seventh grader Holly Meredith is a typical almost-teen with school problems, friendship issues, an angel of a mother, a long lost dad and a dream of becoming a published writer. Her mother lovingly calls her "Holly-heart" because of her valentines birthday. Knowing that, you might be tempted to think Holly's life is perfect, even if her dad isn't around. But as her books reveal it's far from perfect.From mulitple fights with her best friend Andie, to disfunction in a one parent family, to snooping sisters, Holly has her up's and down's trying to take it all in stride. She experiences all of the trials of junior high while holding on to her faith in God.
"Holly's heart collection one" is five books in one. Beverly Lewis is better known for her top selling, award winning novels set in Amish country. As a change Holly's story takes place in Small Town, Coloado. With atleast one twist in every book, her heart felt tales are written from Holly's side of the story. This book will bring back junior high memories to older girls and will relate to younger ones. But her words will ring true to all ages. Holly really does have a big heart and it shines through in every chapter.

mom for God said...
Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:58 am:
My 10 year-old is was really loving this book.  Then she mentioned boys and cigarettes.  Is there any questionable material that I should be aware of.  I love Beverly Lewis and thought it would be a good choice

blackrose326 said...
Great review. You make it sound so good. I'm gonna see if my school library has it.

ReflectionsofYou replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 9:00 am :
Cool. Thanks:P

blackrose326 replied...
Dec. 22, 2009 at 7:05 pm :
Anytime hehehe!!!=)

sunshine replied...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm :
I love this book so much! it is the best movie ever. i think u should make a dvd of it