Does my Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah

Many of us have felt alone in school. Whether it’s because you don’t wear the right clothes, talk the right way, eat the right things, make enough money, you just don’t fit in. Imagine you went to a private school in Australia. Got a clear picture? Now, in addition to that school in Australia, imagine that you are a Muslim-Islamic teenager. The only Muslim-Islamic teenager in your school.

“Does My Head Look Big In This?” is a piece of fiction which teenagers can relate to, whether you are black, white, brown, purple, yellow, or green.

This story is about a young woman named Amal who has some real obstacles to overcome after deciding to start wearing the hijab full time. She used to be set apart from the popular crowd. Now she’s even farther.

This book deals with ethnicity, popularity, bulimia, first loves, friends, family, and standing up for who you are. This is a great read, and I recommend it to girls of any age!

peace_love_beauty said...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 11:01 am
I loved this book! It was very well-written, and I love Randa Abdel-Fartah's view on things.

WriterGirl888 said...
Absolutely grand book. Great idea.

Garnet said...
This was one of the first books I read this school year, which is my freshman year of high school!! Great review! :)