Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

‘Catching Fire’ is the highly anticipated sequel to ‘The Hunger Games’. It still follows in the steps of Katniss Everdeen, who is wanted by the ‘Capitol’ for being the face of rebellion, after her stunt with Peeta Mellark in the arena with the poisonous berries.
By now the arena is just a nightmare Katniss does not have to return to. Katniss and Peeta must go on the victory tour and Katniss must convince all the districts that her and Peeta have never been more madly in love, or else the capitol is going to start killing off her family. Another surprise is thrown in the mix when Katniss is sent back into the arena with Peeta, and they must fight for their lives…Again.
Suzanne Collins has an amazing way of keeping your attention always focused on the book. I never wanted to stop reading (which is why I finished it in a night). Catching Fire is also a romance novel in ways, and she keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering who Katniss is going to choose. I strongly recommend you start reading this series because I think here very shortly “The Hunger Games” and “Catching Fire” are going to be a world-wide phenomenon!
And in other recent news, Lionsgate is trying to acquire the rights to “The Hunger Games” to make it a movie! I really do not know how the movie would turn seeing as the whole book is almost all portrayed in Katniss’ mind. But seeing who plays Katniss, Peeta, and Gale have me begging for more!

I really loved "The Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire" is feel like Suzanne Collins is a promising author!